TERMS & CONDITIONS
NOWADAYS THEATRE (we) reserve the right to:
- make any alterations to the advertised programme or casting rendered necessary by unavoidable causes
- request any ticket holder to leave the theatre and take appropriate action to enforce this right
- refuse admission or eject from the venue any person that it believes is likely to cause a nuisance, disturbance or threat to other audience members, the venue or its employees
- refuse admission to anyone whose tickets have been purchased through an unauthorized agency or third party
- rescind a membership or gift membership should the recipient contravene our terms of sale
Tickets and Booking
- Every member of the audience must have a valid ticket for the date and time that they are attending and be able to produce I.D. to support a concessionary or discounted rate
- It is your responsibility to ensure that all tickets issued to you are accurate, and that personal information provided when making a booking is correct
- No tickets may be re-sold for any reason by any outlet other than NOWADAYS THEATRE Box Office or one of its authorized ticket agents (unauthorized outlets include websites such as auction sites). Failure to comply will make this ticket void
- Whilst NOWADAYS THEATRE takes responsibility for tickets purchased through the theatre website and authorized ticket agencies, we will not be responsible for tickets that have been sold through unauthorized methods
- Bookers with tickets purchased through an unauthorized vendor will not in any circumstances receive an exchange or refund from NOWADAYS THEATRE
- When making a booking the booker accepts our terms and conditions on behalf of all members of their party
- NOWADAYS THEATRE conforms to the Data Protection.
Exchanges, cancellations and refunds
- Tickets cannot be refunded unless a performance is cancelled. In the event of an abandoned performance (i.e. that is stopped part way through), bookers will first be offered the opportunity to exchange tickets for another performance; a refund will be issued for an abandoned performance if there are no alternative tickets or if the booker is not able to attend an alternative performance
- In the event that bookers are unable to attend a performance a refund will not be made available. However NOWADAYS THEATRE will exchange tickets for another performance of the same production at the cost of $2 per ticket and subject to availability. Original tickets must be returned to NOWADAYS THEATRE Box Office at least two days prior to the original performance date. NOWADAYS THEATRE takes no responsibility for tickets lost
- NOWADAYS THEATRE may agree to sell unused tickets previously purchased directly from the theatre, on behalf of the booker, at face value, if the production has reached capacity
- Money from successfully re-sold tickets must be collected in person from the Box Office. NOWADAYS THEATRE cannot guarantee the re-sale of returned tickets. It is the bookers responsibility to check with the Box Office if their ticket has been resold
- NOWADAYS THEATRE does not have understudies and so it may be necessary to cancel a performance at short notice due to cast illness. For this reason please ensure the Box Office has your correct contact details. In this instance no travel costs or other expenses incurred as part of your visit to NOWADAYS THEATRE will be refunded
- Refunds, issued for whatever reason, will be credited to your NOWADAYS THEATRE account. This credit must be used within two calendar years (24 months). Any credit not used within this time will be assumed to be a donation to NOWADAYS THEATRE; it will be removed from your account and put towards our annual fundraising target
General Terms of Admission
- Production start times may vary
- Our latecomers policy is dependent on the production. Latecomers may be asked to wait in the foyer until an appropriate moment in the performance to admit them to the auditorium. If there is no appropriate moment or admittance will cause disruption latecomers may be refused admission. No refund or exchange will be offered in this instance
- Audience members who leave the auditorium once the performance has started may be asked to wait in the foyer until an appropriate moment in the performance to be re-admitted. If there is no appropriate moment or admittance will cause disruption, re-admittance may be refused. No refund or exchange will be offered in this instance
- The use of mobile phones and other electronic devices, even when silenced, can be distracting to other audience members and the performers on stage. Mobile phones, watch alarms and other electronic devices should be switched off before entering the auditorium
- Children under the age of four, including babes in arms, will not be admitted to the auditorium – exceptions to this rule can only be made if NOWADAYS THEATRE advertises the production as a family show suitable for young children of that age
- Filming, photography or audio in the foyer or during a performance are strictly prohibited unless written permission has been granted by the marketing department. NOWADAYS THEATRE reserves the right to delete or destroy and such recorded material made without permission
- NOWADAYS THEATRE may carry out general filming, sound recording or photography in or around the venue. By purchasing tickets or visiting the bar you and your party are consenting to being filmed, recorded or photographed
- We welcome feedback at any time. Please send your comments, compliments or complaints to email@example.com.
Security and Safety
- Abusive, anti-social or threatening behaviour of any kind towards another member of the audience or staff will result in immediate removal from the premises and may end in legal action
- Please remember any food/sweets in noisy wrappers may disturb the performers and other members of the audience
- Strobe lighting, gunshots and smoke effects are sometimes used in productions.
Our website – https://www.nowadaystheatre.org/
- You may use our website for (a) your own personal and non-commercial use or (b) any non-commercial educational use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any content obtained from this website, except for any copying, distribution or reproduction that is strictly necessary for any non-commercial use.
- You may use our website subject to the terms and conditions set out on this page. Access and use by you of this site constitutes acceptance by you of the terms and conditions in force at the time of use.
- You may not alter our website in any way or post onto or transmit to our website any material containing software viruses or files which may damage or disrupt the good working order of computer or telecommunications equipment.
- The use of our website by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian.
- NOWADAYS THEATRE will aim to correct any errors or omissions as soon as possible after being notified of them
- If any part of these terms and conditions are not enforceable, this will not affect the enforceability of any other part.
- These terms and conditions are governed by Canadian Law and all disputes will be submitted to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Canada’s Courts.
Linking to our sites
- You may link to our website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link to our site on any website that is not owned by you.
- Our website and their content must not be framed on any other site.
- If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Links to Third Party Site
- Our website may contain links to websites operated by third parties which provide useful information that supplements our own services. The content and operation of these websites is outside our control and you proceed at your own risk. NOWADAYS THEATRE does not endorse or sponsor, and is not liable for the products, services or content you access through any linked site.
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights on our website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- Our status (and/or that of any identified contributors/sources) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
- Where permission to reproduce material from the site is indicated (for example, materials provided for the use of the media) or permission is granted on copyright protected material, the material may be reproduced free of charge in any format or medium provided it is reproduced accurately and not used in a misleading context. Where any of the copyright items on this site are being republished or copied to others, the source of the material must be identified and the copyright status acknowledged.
- Requests for such approval should be directed to: email@example.com
- Please give details of your intended use of the relevant material and include your contact details
- We welcome comments on our website and encourage conversation on the topics discussed. We expect users to follow the below standards for each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be polite and act with consideration for other website users of all ages and backgrounds
- Don’t hijack a post to discuss your own personal agenda or promote your own event
- Don’t flag a post or comment because you disagree with someone else
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Be relevant to the original post.
Comments must not:
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful, inflammatory or defamatory of any person.
- Promote sexually explicit material, violence or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trademark of any other person.
- Promote any illegal or commercial activity.
- Be threatening, abusive or used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- We make every effort to check and test material at all stages of production. It is always wise for you to run an anti-virus program on all material downloaded from the internet. We cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system which may occur whilst using material derived from our website.
- You acknowledge that you use our website at your entire risk and that we shall not be liable for any loss (whether direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages) resulting from your use of our website and their material.
- All material is provided on an “AS IS” basis only. We cannot warrant that our website or any material provided will meet any of your needs or requirements or that it will be complete, error free, accurate or that it will be delivered without interruption, fault or error. Accordingly and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we hereby disclaim all warranties and conditions, whether express, implied or statutory, regarding our website and their materials, including, but not limited to, any warranty of satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement of third party rights.
- These terms may be varied from time to time. Please ensure that you review these terms and conditions regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue to use this site after any variation has been posted.