Audition / Casting Call
Union and Non-Union (Paid)
NOWADAYS THEATRE Company is accepting audition submissions for the world premiere of a new play written and directed by Mohammad Yaghoubi.
In association with Crow’s Theatre, we plan to develop our new work starting the last week of March throughput April 2023, and it will be presented in English and Farsi at Crow’s theatre (Studio Theatre).
* Equity and ACTRA members and non-members are invited to audition.
* Actors are required to speak in English and Farsi.
* Actors speaking English with accents are very welcome.
This is a four-character play centering around Yasmin, an Iranian woman with traumatic history back home who immigrated to Canada. The story begins when her son wishes to introduce her to the young woman, he thinks he would like to marry.
Roles to be cast include:
Fatemeh, a young woman of twenty-five, Mohammad’s daughter, was born and raised in Iran and is a permanent resident of Canada.
Mohammad, a man of fifty-five, is an Iranian visitor to Canada.
Hooman, a young man of twenty-three, Yasmin’s son, born in Iran and raised in Canada.
*Untitled Play – Development and World Premiere.
* Written and directed by Mohammad Yaghoubi
* Rehearsals for development will begin in the last week of March 2023 and end in April’s last week.
* Rehearsals for public performances begin on September 26th, 2023, and ends on November 5th, 2023.
* Performs from November 7 until November 26, with a possible extension to December 3, 2023.
* Please submit your headshot, and resume.
*Deadline to submit: February 28, 2023.
*The auditions will be held online via Zoom in the first week of March.
* If you are interested in auditioning, please fill out and submit the form below
For questions contact email@example.com.